Create basic page
To create new content:
- Log-in to the SIR 102 website
- A user must have either Content Editor or Administrator permissions to be able to edit Basic Pages
- From the Drupal menu select Content->Add Content
- Select the appropriate content type, generally Basic page
- See Content types for more information
- In the Title * box enter a functional title for the new page (entry required)
- In the Body section enter the text you as author want or, if you will not be maintaining the page, some placeholder text for the content editor, e.g. "Joe will maintaining this page"
- See Adding a Member Photo to a Basic Page for details on adding a photo to the content
- See also Full HTML Text Editing Icons for more information
- Change the Text format selection to "Full HTML"
Add a new file (text)
- Should the owner of this new content provide an attachment file to pre-load in txt, doc, docx, pdf or xls format, use the File block to upload one or more files. See Add new file for more details.
Add a new file (image)
- Photo attachments (file format png, gif, jpg or jpeg) may also be added to the page. Except for the file format, the process is the same as Add a new file (text)
- It is important to select/check Provide a menu link in the Menu settings block in order to make the content easily visible to most users, even anonymous
- See Menu settings for more details
- Click/select Save to save the new Basic page and create a new menu item.
- Review your update by refreshing your browser and then selecting this new menu item.